Category: Supply Chain
Work Location: Hamilton, Waikato
Posted Date: July 17, 2017
We currently have a opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Fitter to join us. You main responsibilities will include:
- Complete all building and equipment related maintenance and repair works in accordance to ongoing preventative maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Inspect equipment to ensure compliance with approved technical and safety standards.
- Engage contractors and specialist consultants as necessary to assist with maintenance activities in consultation with the Plant Engineer
- Assist with implementation of capital projects as required.
- Maintain and update maintenance records and documentation
- Oversee and supervise onsite contractors and provide assistance when required.
- Available for breakdowns and urgent maintenance call outs.
- Propose alternative solutions, systems or processes that are likely to improve the efficiency and compliance of maintenance activities
- Follow all compliance, OHS policies, procedures and rulings to enable safe work practices.
To be successful, you will need:
- Trades qualification
- Experience in industrial maintenance and/or construction.
- A sound understanding of safety responsibilities and procedures
- Ability to work unsupervised and to lead safety.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills and ability to mentor.
- Understanding and ability to interpret manuals
At Ecolab, we are dedicated to ensuring our associates are provided with an environment geared toward the recognition of achievement, growth, safety and well-being. We also offer our associates opportunities to participate in Ecolab stock ownership, health and well-being subsidies, study subsidies, product and service discounts, and the opportunity to champion community activity programs.
Ecolab is an equal opportunity employer that relies on diversity of our work force to drive innovation and growth.A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2015 sales of $13.5 billion and 47,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit