QC Chemist – Fresno, TX
Category: Supply Chain
Work Location: Fresno, TX
Posted Date: January 12, 2017
Location: Fresno, Texas
Nalco Champion has an opening for a QC Chemist in our Manufacturing Group located in Fresno, TX. The Quality Control Chemist will be working shift work; which entails working nights, weekends and holidays.
The Quality Control Chemist conducts testing of raw materials, intermediate chemicals and finished products associated with plant operations, and makes usage decisions based on the results.
The QC Chemist will be working shift work; which entails working nights, weekends and holidays. In addition, the position may entail testing of non-production samples from the plant (waste water analysis, for example). The QC chemist may also be required to test materials produced at other facilities such as the pilot plant. This position also requires calculating material additions to batches based on test results, and assisting in batch troubleshooting activities as required. The QC Chemist may also be asked to run tests on special samples at the request of QC management, such as lab-prepared samples and evaluation of customer complaint samples.
- Promptly performs reports and records all Quality Control procedures and test results in a precise and accurate manner.
- Applies Good Laboratory Practices to accurately record and file all raw test data, including pertinent paperwork –e.g., chromatograms, graphs, spectra and test results. Communicates results and dispositions to Production and the QA Supervisor as required. Calculates and recommends batch adjustments to Production.
- Reports promptly all problems regarding procedures, equipment, products, raw materials, specifications, etc., to the QC Supervisor or designate, as well as other QC Chemists.
- Maintains inventory status of reagents, equipment, etc. in order to keep the lab at full operational capacity.
- Prepares lab standard test reagents, and performs standardization on reagents and calibration of equipment on a regular basis. Keeps detailed records and maintains control and/or trend charts.
- Maintains a clean, safe and orderly work environment and assures smooth operation of the QA Laboratory by communication, planning and preparation in support of other shifts. Understands and is active in the company 5S and Lean initiatives.
- Associate’s degree in Chemistry or a related field
- Up to 6 months of relevant work experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
- Immigration sponsorship not offered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or other Science preferred
- Experience working in a quality control setting at a chemical manufacturing facility a plus